Larus Team 2021-12-21 09:21:29 IPv4
Since 2011, concerns about IPv4 address exhaustion have been on the rise. Most companies try to lease IPv4 addresses to the public for their business needs.
This becomes a business opportunity for those with unused IPv4 addresses to generate revenue.
By leasing IPv4 addresses, both the lessor and the tenant benefit and suffer at the same time. If you want to know more, read on. We will talk about the advantages, disadvantages and how to rent an IPv4 address.
1. Generate new income for the lessor
By leasing an IPv4 address, the lessor can monetize the IP address and sell an IP block at a higher price in the future than in the current market. The lessor can keep the IPv4 block for future needs.
2. The tenant can save the cost of acquiring the IPv4 address.
- The lessee can use his capital for other investments, offsetting the cost of the lease as he sees the return on that capital.
- The tenant can better adjust their expenses to their income. During the renumbering process, it is sometimes useful to have an unused block to renumber. They can reclaim the old space and rearrange it before reusing it.
- Also, while preparing to migrate to IPv6, leasing is the best way to get a temporary IP address. This saves extra expense for obtaining an unnecessary IPv4 address.
1. The lessor needs the IPv4 address before the lease period ends.
The landlord may urgently need the address before the contract ends. If there is a contract, it is not enforceable unless you reach a mutual agreement with the tenant. If not, you will have to wait until the end of the contract and then you will only be able to retrieve the IPv4 address.
2. The tenant needs the IPv4 address before the end of the contract.
Due to the uncertainty, the lessor may need the IPv4 address for its current activities. You will have to discuss with the landlord the availability of the IPv4 address and you risk being rejected by the landlord.
3. The tenant can misuse the IPv4 address.
A vicious or inattentive tenant may use the address for spam or malicious behavior. This can cause traffic from that address to be blacklisted and the address to be unusable until the lists are cleared.
4. The tenant can pay more than to buy an IPv4 address.
If the tenant plans to use the IPv4 address long-term, it is not a good option and will hurt their financial situation. It is recommended to purchase an IPv4 address to ensure business sustainability.
Leasing an IPv4 address shouldn't be difficult. Be sure to follow the 5 steps below:
1 Choose the right IP specialist.
This is the starting point of your leasing journey. To make sure your leasing process goes smoothly every time, make sure you choose the IP specialist who handles it from start to finish.
The company must be an IP specialist with expertise in IP rules and regulations, negotiate the price, offer transparent service rates and obtain a large number of IP addresses on hand.
2 Assess the reputation of IP blocks and identify blacklists
The IP specialist will check the RIR's records and verify the ownership of the IPv4 addresses.
They also have to check the usage, reputation and inaccuracies of the IP in the RIR records to avoid any problems in the future.
3 Establishment of the conditions of the lease
After the evaluation, the IP specialist negotiates with the two parties to develop the lease agreement, working on the price, duration of the lease, time, currency and compliance with applicable regulations.
4 Facilitation of payment
The IP Specialist will create the invoices and ensure a smooth payment process between the two parties.
5 Issuance of the LOA
Upon receipt of payment, the lessor will provide a Letter of Authorization (LOA) and the IPv4 address ready to be used by the lessee.
For the landlord, it is a stable income if you find a tenant willing to work with you long term. For the tenant, leasing IPv4 addresses can help save costs if you are looking for short-term use. LARUS limited provides IPv4 addresses on demand and is capable of providing the IPv4 address within 48 hours. If you are interested in leasing an IPv4 address , please chat with our IP specialist on live chat now or leave your contact below.